Use organic ingredients wherever possible. They’re better for you… and the planet.
415g tinned red salmon
200g smoked salmon
1 medium-sized potato
1 medium-sized onion
1 bunch chives
2 tbsp EO Pea & Rice blend
1 tbsp gluten-free cornflour
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground chilli
Grapeseed oil for frying (or whatever you prefer)
TOMATO MAYO SAUCE
2/3 cup mayonnaise of your choice
1 tsp tomato paste
(1) Cut the potato into pieces, boil, then drain well. Put into medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork.
(2) Grate the onion and mix it into the potato.
(3) Juice the lime and stir it through the mix.
(4) Finely chop the chives and stir through the mix, saving some for garnish.
(5) Combine the EO Pea & Rice blend, cornflour, spices and salt in a small bowl, then stir it through the mix.
(6) Drain the tinned salmon, flake it lightly, stir it gently through the mix (keep it chunky).
(7) Cut the smoked salmon into pieces, stir it gently through the mix.
(8) Put the bowl into the fridge until the mix has stiffened.
(9) Remove from fridge. Using a 1/4 cup measure as your guide, shape into 14 patties. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
(10) Fry the patties, in batches. They only need a few minutes either side – until they turn golden brown.
(11) Serve hot or cold, with tomato mayo sauce.
Stir the tomato paste into the mayonnaise. Put into a small bowl and garnish with chopped chives.